Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Silent Auction Committee Meeting

I don't have many dreams, but last night, one of them came true; I was locked in a house with a group of women.

Ok, technically I wasn't 'locked in' and there was a male dog in the house somewhere, but still, it was a special moment.  As part of my research for a story on the Jameson Camp Women's Auxiliary, I went to one of their meetings.  Last night's event was at a member's house (a very nice house) and there was food, fun, and plenty of frivolity.  I don't know what frivolity means but it fit well.

Items for the silent auction - I'll take the TV
I was told that it would be a raucous time filled with lots of laughter.  I have to admit, the ladies were somewhat subdued and I take full responsibility.  I think the male presence threw them off and didn't allow them to act naturally.  I often have this effect on women - they are taken aback by my masculinity.

The house was absolutely beautiful.  Pam is a tremendous interior decorator and the basement was the perfect 'Man-cave.'  Families that have this much nice living space need more residents in the house.  I would be more than happy living in the basement and walking the dog, although he and I didn't get along initially (we got into a barking match - he won.)

Just like at work, Yvonne has no shoes on
The story will be out soon and I would like to thank all the ladies for their kindness.  Thank you Pam for the hospitality and thank you Cathy for the food.  I had a lot of fun and I hope to soon become a permanent member of the Women's Auxiliary.

No comments:

Post a Comment