Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A Hunting We Must Go

After a few rain outs, our scavenger hunt was rescheduled for Monday.  Caitlin and I were delighted to get outside and run around, myself in particular.  After watching the kids play at camp, I felt like a little puppy at the pound...stuck inside with no place to pee.

Our first stop was the hammock garden where we had to hit tin cans with rocks.  I was looking for rocks when Caitlin said, "There's some in that can."  After reaching in, water came rushing out and for the second time in a week, my butt got wet.  I will probably just wear my swimming trunks the next time I visit the hammock garden.

A few stops later, I hopped in this human-gerbil wheel.

It's actually pretty cozy.

Caitlin, meanwhile, was just chillin' like a villain on the rope.

Jane, looking for her Tarzan.

I heard Jane's cry through the forest trees and I swung into action.

The modern, well-dressed Tarzan

After swinging through the jungle, we landed in a tree house.



For the next activity, we had to work together to stay balanced while walking down the tightrope. Being the gentleman that I am, I protected only myself and pushed Caitlin to the ground.

There's only room for one of us!

The final event in the hunt was another balancing act.  We had to center ourselves on the platform so the ship wouldn't capsize.

Similar to the electric slide.

Along the way, Caitlin and I learned a lot about the history of Jameson Camp and its many programs.
I enjoyed the hunt so much that I began planning the next one with Caitlin. (We want to come at night for a HAUNTED tour!)

No comments:

Post a Comment